This chapter builds on the foundations of the preceding chapter by covering the administration of forests and sites, as well as the Active Directory schema. As you work your way through the chapter, you should pay attention to the following:
- Understand the different types of trust relationships available and when you should use them. In addition, you should know the differences between incoming and outgoing trust directions.
- Understand the importance of schema modifications and the potential consequences of making such modifications.
- Understand the ways you can create sites, site links, and site link bridges, and the importance of the Knowledge Consistency Checker and the Inter-Site Topology Generator.
- Understand the way Active Directory replication works and its importance in keeping all domain controllers up to date.
- Know the differences between intrasite and intersite replication and the way site topology affects replication.