Getting Some PMP Help
There are many different resources available to help you prepare for the PMP certification, here are some top choices:
- The PMP Study Guide by Joseph Phillips; ISBN: 0072262907. Hey, that's my book! Yep, I'm plugging my book as your best choice. I use this book to teach both my live and online PMP Boot Camps. It works! It's now in its second edition – go get it. Now.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge from PMI; ISBN: 193069945X. No matter which resources you use to study for your exam you'll want for the simple reason that it's the book the exam is centered on. Two insider tips: Just call this book the PMBOK (pronounced Pim-Bach) and don't read it far from your pillow.
- PMP Exam Cram2 by Michael Soloman; ISBN 0789734621. I've heard great things about this book (and the entire Exam Cram series). This book is loaded with PMP exam facts, quizzes, and exam tips. And it's from Pearson Education, which InformIT.com is a part of, so I'd better mention it, right?
- There's also a bevy of online resources:
- http://www.pmpinabox.com where you can download a free 25-question PMP assessment exam or buy their online offerings.
- http://www.college-net.com/boston.asp where you can complete an online project management course.
- http://www.pmi.org: where you can find all of the PMP certification details, application requirements, exam objectives, and complete your exam application.