Exam Profile: Managing and Maintaining Windows 8 (70-688)
- Exam Details / Trouble Spots
- Preparation Hints / Recommended Study Resources
- Exam Objectives / Where to Go from Here
Exam 70-688 represents the next logical step for those who have passed Exam 70-687. While Exam 70-687 focuses primarily on the initial Windows 8 deployment and configuration process, Exam 70-688 focus on long term management and routine maintenance tasks for Windows 8.
- Number of questions: Microsoft does not disclose the number of questions on their certification exams, but this exam is estimated to have about 50 questions.
- Types of questions: Microsoft does not disclose the exam format, but the bulk of the exam is reported to be made up of multiple choice questions. You may also encounter simulations, reorder, or build a tree questions.
- Passing score: 700/1000
- Time limit: Microsoft does not disclose the time limit for their exams, but most exams have a time limit of about two hours.
- How to register: Prometric
For many, the most difficult part of this exam will be the section on designing an installation and application strategy. This section places a great deal of emphasis on non-native tools that may be unfamiliar to some administrators, such as App-V.
In addition, it is important to make sure that you know how to use AppLocker to restrict applications and to lock down the app store. You can expect to see a number of questions related to application control and application compatibility.