Exam Profile: Pro: Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator (70-693)
- Exam Details / Trouble Spots
- Preparation Hints / Recommended Study Resources
- Exam Objectives / Where to Go from Here
Virtualization has shaped IT perhaps more than any other trend in the last decade. As such, IT pros with server and desktop virtualization skills are in high demand. This exam is designed to demonstrate proficiency in managing a virtualized environment based on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Number of questions: Microsoft does not disclose the number of questions on their certification exams, but this exam is estimated to have about 50 questions.
- Type(s) of questions: Microsoft does not disclose the exam format, but the bulk of the exam is reported to be made up of multiple choice questions. You may also encounter simulations, reorder, or build a tree questions.
- Passing score: 700/1000
- Time limit: Microsoft does not disclose the time limit for their exams, but most exams have a time limit of about two hours.
- How to register: Prometric
The most difficult aspect of this exam might be the ambiguity of the exam objectives. Exam 70-693 is a high level exam designed to test your ability to engineer various virtualization related solutions and to solve business problems through virtualization. It is not a general knowledge exam. As such, Microsoft does not outline the technical skills that you will need in order to pass this exam. Instead, the assumption is that the candidate will already have a comprehensive knowledge of Hyper-V and of server virtualization in general.