The exam objectives are broken up into five different categories. The 70-634 exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.
The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
The objectives for Exam 70-634 as stated by Microsoft are as follows:
Managing Data Access and Collaboration
- Manage users, groups, categories, permissions, and Resource Breakdown Structure (RBSA).
- Archive projects.
- Maintain data integrity.
- Manage project workspaces.
- Apply regional settings.
- Create a library of enterprise project templates.
- Manage My Resources alerts and reminders.
Planning and Troubleshooting Active Projects and Programs
- Optimize for time, cost, and resources.
- Refine a program.
- Plan a program.
- Set baselines.
Controlling Projects and Programs
- Account for time.
- Create non-project time categories.
- Identify variances outside threshold.
- Control changes.
- Propose or commit a resource.
- Set up skill-based resources.
- Set up role-based resources.
- Identify critical resources.
- Manage resource pool.
- Manage team assignments.
Reporting and Analyzing Business Data
- Manage reporting.
- Customize views.
- Perform Earned Value Analysis.
- Configure, modify, or build a cube.
- Report risks and issues across enterprise by escalations.