Exam Profile 70-432: MCTS Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Implementation and Maintenance
Microsoft SQL Server continues to grow its market share as the foundation of Microsoft’s push to integrate Business Intelligence (BI) within enterprise environments. Passing the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Implementation and Maintenance exam will validate your ability to support this growing market segment. Upon successful completion of this exam, candidates receive Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance. If this is your first professional Microsoft certification, you will also gain Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) status. Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist for SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance is the only prerequisite for Microsoft’s Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Database Administrator 2008 certification. This two-exam track is one of the shortest to Microsoft’s new Certified IT Professional status. The alternative SQL MCITP tracks are Database Developer 2008 and Business Intelligence Developer 2008. There are no overlapping exams between these three tracks.
The target audience for the 70-432 exam is IT professionals with one to two years of experience using SQL Server 2008, or two to three years of experience using a previous version of SQL Server. Microsoft has identified four suitable roles for candidates seeking MCTS status:
- IT generalists who work in environments in which SQL Server 2008 is part of an overall solution
- IT professionals who manage systems that run SQL Server 2008
- IT professionals who work with third-party applications that are built on SQL Server 2008
- Developers who build applications that use SQL Server 2008
- Number of questions: Microsoft does not officially release the amount of questions on the exam, but previous candidates who have taken the exam typically report answering between 40 and 50 questions.
- Type of questions: This test consists of multiple choice questions and multiple answer questions. You probably will not encounter simulation questions. (Microsoft does not release this information and the length or format of the exam is subject to change without notice.)
- Passing Score: 700 out of 1000
- Time Limit: approximately 3 hours
- How to Register: Prometric.com