- Types of Power Conservation Modes
- Step by Step: Configuring Windows Vista for Sleep, Hibernate, and Hybrid Sleep
- Opening the Command Prompt as an Administrator
Opening the Command Prompt as an Administrator
To open the command prompt as an admin, follow these steps:
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories; then right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Start and type cmd in the search field; then instead of pressing Enter, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
Running the Command Prompt as an Administrator is also known as running it in elevated mode. Of course, it is also possible to bypass these procedures by turning off UAC (not recommended); this enables the Command Prompt to always be run in elevated mode.