- 16. On-the-Job Promotion
- On the Job
- Maintaining and Building Your Network
- Identifying Areas for Success
- Working for a Tyrant and Other Joys
- Determine Whether Your Boss’s Actions Are Personality or Personal
- Understand That People Are “Where They Are”
- Take an Objective Path to Evaluating What They Say
- Handling Criticism
- Actions & Ideas
Attitude cannot be overrated. At times, though, it is. What I mean by this is that you often hear trite phrases about maintaining a positive mental attitude—"Attitude determines altitude," and so on.
These phrases are only a hint at the truth. A great attitude should ideally be driven by an achievable objective or goal and the resources needed to achieve that plan. As mentioned in Chapter 6, "Attitude," if attitude is manufactured without an achievable plan, it quickly fizzles.