- SOHO Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware Client
- Small ROBO VPN 3000 Concentrators
- Medium ROBO VPN 3000 Concentrator
- Main Office and Service Provider VPN 3000 Concentrators
- Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Fault Tolerance
- Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Load Balancing
- Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Bandwidth Management
- Exam Prep Questions
- Need to Know More?
Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Bandwidth Management
Starting with software version 3.6, the 3000 Concentrators are capable of performing bandwidth allocation. You can apply defined bandwidth policies to a specific interface or on a group-by-group basis, by either policing the amount of traffic allowed or reserving a portion of bandwidth. Policing entails using rate-limiting bandwidth to ensure that traffic does not exceed what is stated in the policy, whereas bandwidth reservation enables you to set aside a minimum amount of bandwidth in times of high utilization.