- SELinux and AppArmor
Ross Brunson, William "Bo" Rothwell
- Jan 10, 2020
In this sample chapter from CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004 Cert Guide, you will review available technologies that enable an administrator to add another layer of protection on top of regular file and directory permissions.
- Security and Compliance
Anthony J. Sequeira
- Dec 29, 2019
In this sample chapter from AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate (SOA-C01) Cert Guide, take a deep dive into the Shared Responsibility Model, security best practices, and available access controls to help secure cloud-based solutions.
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Nov 15, 2019
In this sample chapter from Computer Security Fundamentals, 4th Edition, you will learn how to identify the top threats to a network: security breaches, denial of service attacks, and malware.
- Nov 1, 2019
In this sample chapter from CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) Cert Guide, 5th Edition, you will review exam objectives related to security, including physical security measures, logical security concepts, wireless security protocols and authentication, social engineering threats and vulnerabilities, best practices to secure a workstation, and more.
- 220-1001 Practice Exam A
David L. Prowse
- Oct 30, 2019
Test your knowledge with a free set of test questions from CompTIA A+ Practice Questions Exam Cram Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002).
- File and directory permissions
William "Bo" Rothwell
- Oct 3, 2019
In this sample chapter from CompTIA Linux+ Portable Command Guide: All the commands for the CompTIA XK0-004 exam in one compact, portable resource, 2nd Edition, explore security commands and, given a scenario, apply or acquire the appropriate user and/or group permissions and ownership.
- Smartphones, Tablets, and Other Mobile Devices, Part 1
David L. Prowse
- Sep 1, 2019
In this sample chapter from CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) Exam Cram, learn how to compare and contrast characteristics of various types of mobile devices, and how to connect and configure accessories.
- Compare and Contrast Fundamental Data Types and Their Characteristics
- Aug 25, 2019
In this sample chapter from CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ FC0-U61 Cert Guide, you will learn how to compare and contrast fundamental data types and their characteristics: char, strings, numbers (integers and floats), and Boolean.
- Exploiting Local Host and Physical Security Vulnerabilities
Omar Santos, Ron Taylor
- Aug 24, 2019
In this sample chapter from CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-001 Cert Guide, you will learn how to take advantage of insecure services and protocol configurations during a penetration testing engagement.
- Exam Profile: Cisco 200-301 CCNA
- Aug 8, 2019
- This article provides an exam profile for the Cisco 200-301 CCNA exam. It describes question forms, trouble spots, hints for exam preparation, and recommendations for additional study resources. Find out here what you can expect to see on the exam, and how you can better prepare for it.
- Exam Profile: CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) & CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002)
David L. Prowse
- Feb 26, 2019
- This article profiles the CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) and CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002), which test competency in comprehensive vendor-neutral mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing, network troubleshooting, installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting, and operational procedures. The CompTIA A+ Core series focuses on expanded content on growing parts of the IT support role including an expansion of baseline security topics and a different approach to defining competency in operational procedures.
- Security Assessment and Testing
Robin Abernathy, Troy McMillan
- Jan 10, 2019
In this sample chapter form CISSP Cert Guide, 3rd Edition, you will review assessment and testing strategies, security control testing, collection of security process data, analysis and reporting of test outputs, and internal, external, and third-party audits.
- Physical and Environmental Security
- Jan 9, 2019
In this sample chapter from Developing Cybersecurity Programs and Policies, 3rd Edition, you will explore design, obstacles, monitoring, and response as they relate to secure areas, equipment security, and environmental controls.
- Managing Group Accounts in Ubuntu
- Oct 21, 2018
- Work through labs that demonstrate how to manage group accounts, including how to add, modify, and delete groups, on the Ubuntu operating system.
- The OSI Reference Model
- Apr 6, 2018
In this sample chapter from CompTIA Network+ N10-007 Cert Guide, explore the seven layers of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Exam Profile: CompTIA Network+ N10-007
- Mar 8, 2018
- CompTIA's Network+ certification is an entry-level certification for information technology (IT) professionals. In this exam profile, Anthony Sequeira provides exam details, highlights trouble spots, offers preparation hints, recommends study resources, and suggests next steps.
- An Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Mar 7, 2018
Ethical hacking is a form of legal hacking done with the permission of an organization to help increase its security. In this sample chapter from Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Version 9 Cert Guide, 2nd Edition, explore the fundamental principles of the security triad—confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Network Perimeter Security
- Feb 21, 2018
In this sample chapter from CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Cert Guide, Academic Edition, 2nd Edition, explore one of the most strategic pieces in your network security design—the firewall.
- Network Components
- Feb 20, 2018
In this sample chapter from CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam Cram, 5th Edition, learn how to support organizational security through the installation and configuration of network components—both hardware and software-based.
- Oct 5, 2017
In this sample chapter from Storage Design and Implementation in vSphere 6: A Technology Deep Dive, 2nd Edition, learn how to identify various ALUA (Asymmetric Logical Unit Access) configurations and how different configurations affect the hosts.