The ROUTE exam is one of three exams making up the popular CCNP Routing and Switching certification track from Cisco (the other two exams being SWITCH and TSHOOT). As its name suggests, the ROUTE exam verifies your ability to configure a variety of routing protocols (for example, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP) and associated technologies (for example, route redistribution, CEF, VRF-Lite, and GRE tunnels).
- Number of questions: The ROUTE exam contains 45‒65 questions.
- Type(s) of questions: The ROUTE exam includes multiple-choice questions (both single-answer and multiple-answer) and simulation questions.
- Passing score: Cisco does not publish the passing score for the ROUTE exam.
- Time limit: The exam has a time limit of 120 minutes.
- How to register: Exam registration can be done at the Pearson VUE website: http://http://www.vue.com/cisco/
At a high level, the ROUTE exam covers six broad areas. These areas, and their exam weightings, are as follows:
- Network Principles (10%)
- Layer 2 Technologies (10%)
- Layer 3 Technologies (40%)
- VPN Technologies (10%)
- Infrastructure Security (10%)
- Infrastructure Services (20%)