Exam Preparation Tasks
Review All Key Topics
Review the most important topics in the chapter, noted with the Key Topic icon in the outer margin of the page. Table 6-3 lists a reference of these key topics and the page numbers on which each is found.
Table 6-3. Key Topics
Key Topic Element
How to create a build and optimize a virtual desktop
How to install the View Agent
VMware View Agent Custom Installation Options
Image showing the GPO for Action Center
Define Key Terms
Define the following key terms from this chapter and check your answers in the Glossary:
EOIT/BYOD, IOPS, P2V, MDT, ThinApp, master image
You can find the answers to these review questions in Appendix A.
An end user has difficulty logging in to his View desktop. Upon investigation, the administrator discovers that time synchronization is not configured. Which step should the administrator perform to correct the issue?
- Let Active Directory reset the virtual machine time.
- Set the virtual desktop to sync time with the ESXi host.
- Set the virtual desktop to sync time with another virtual desktop.
- Let Active Directory reset the virtual machine token time.
A CEO decides to let employees purchase their own laptops or tablets for use as a work device. Which of the following acronyms describes this policy?
It is important to “right size” a virtual machine. What does this term refer to?
- Allocating maximum memory and CPU resources
- Using P2V to create the virtual desktop
- Sizing a virtual machine for all four “food group” types: CPU, memory, disk, and network
- Sizing a virtual machine for all four “food group” types: pizza, soda, ice cream, and chips
VMware recommends creating a master image from scratch. What method is strongly discouraged from being used to create a master image?
- Template-created image
- Clone-created image
- P2V-created image
- MDT-created image
What option is not a valid choice when installing the View Agent using custom installation options?
- View Composer Agent
- Virtual Printing
- RDP Smartcard
- View Persona Management
What service is needed if Aero is to be used in a Windows 7 virtual desktop?
- Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
- Aero Desktop Window Manager
- Desktop Windows Session Manager
- Aero Window Manager Session Manager
Which service should be disabled because the virtual hardware in a master image will not be altered?
- Diagnostic Policy Service
- Master Hardware Service
- Hardware Diagnostic Service
- Diagnostic Hardware Service
If you use a VSS backup service, what service should not be used?
- Roaming profiles
- Persona Management
- Profiles service
- Persona service
What is the main reason for disabling the Windows Defender service?
- Causes too much I/O during scans
- Not available in Windows 8
- Causes too much swapping
- Only works with Internet Explorer
What common Windows element should be disabled or locked via GPO to help improve a performance impact and to prevent the virtual desktop from locking up?
- Screen resolution
- RSS feeds