PRODUCT SUPPORT ANNOUNCEMENT
Some videos and Web Editions may be returning errors on launch. Learn more.
Welcome to the Eight Edition of the Complete A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software: A CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) & CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) Textbook + Lab Manual Bundle
The Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software Pearson uCertify Course and Labs is an easy-to-use online course that allows you to assess your readiness and teaches you what you need to know to pass the A+ 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams.
Master all of the CompTIA A+ exam objectives in the framework of Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software interactive eBook. The interactive eBook includes informative text, tables, step-by-step lists, images, interactive exercises, glossary flash cards, and review activities. The course comes complete with extensive pre- and post-assessment tests. In total there are 360 practice exam questions.
The award-winning uCertify Labs help bridge the gap between conceptual knowledge and real-world application by providing competency-based, interactive, online, 24x7 training. uCertify Labs simulate real-world computer hardware, software applications and operating systems, and command-line interfaces. The 90+ labs are supplemented with more than 60 videos demonstrating lab solutions. Students can feel safe working in this virtual environment resolving real-world operating system and hardware problems.
All of the content—the complete textbook, the practice questions, the exercises, and the labs—is focused around the official CompTIA A+ exam objectives.
This is your all-in-one, real-world, full-color guide to connecting, managing, and troubleshooting modern devices and systems in authentic IT scenarios. Its thorough instruction built on the CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) exam objectives includes coverage of Windows 10, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, iOS, cloud-based software, mobile and IoT devices, security, Active Directory, scripting, and other modern techniques and best practices for IT management.
Award-winning instructor Cheryl Schmidt also addresses widely-used legacy technologies—making this the definitive resource for mastering the tools and technologies you’ll encounter in real IT and business environments. Schmidt’s emphasis on both technical and soft skills will help you rapidly become a well-qualified, professional, and customer-friendly technician.
LEARN MORE QUICKLY AND THOROUGHLY WITH THESE STUDY AND REVIEW TOOLS:
· Learning Objectives and chapter opening lists of CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Objectives make sure you know exactly what you’ll be learning, and you cover all you need to know
· Hundreds of photos, figures, and tables present information in a visually compelling full-color design
· Practical Tech Tips provide real-world IT tech support knowledge
· Soft Skills best-practice advice and team-building activities in every chapter cover key tools and skills for becoming a professional, customer-friendly technician
· Review Questions—including true/false, multiple choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and open-ended questions—carefully assess your knowledge of each learning objective
· Thought-provoking activities help students apply and reinforce chapter content, and allow instructors to “flip” the classroom if they choose
· Key Terms identify exam words and phrases associated with each topic
· Detailed Glossary clearly defines every key term
· Dozens of Critical Thinking Activities take you beyond the facts to deeper understanding
· Chapter Summaries recap key concepts for more efficient studying
· Certification Exam Tips provide insight into the certification exam and preparation process
The companion Complete A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software Lab Manual provides students hands-on practice with various computer parts, mobile devices, wired networking, wireless networking, operating systems, and security. The 155 labs are designed in a step-by-step manner that allows students to experiment with various technologies and answer questions along the way to consider the steps being taken. Some labs include challenge areas to further practice the new concepts. The labs ensure students gain the experience and confidence required to succeed in industry.