Home > Articles > Other IT Certifications > CISM
Sort by Date | Title
- Exam Profile: Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Jul 13, 2011
- This article gives an overview of the CISM exam, covers “pain points," and offers practical tips on preparation you can use today to pass this difficult exam.
- Comparing CISA and CISM in the Real World
- Jun 1, 2011
- CISA and CISM target different professionals and offer different promises for people on different career paths. This article clarifies the differences between the two certifications and why you would choose one over the other.
- Exploring Common Web Server Attacks
- Jun 1, 2011
- This article describes provides some basics on attacks including denial of service (DoS), distributed DoS (DDoS) attacks, SYN flood, ping flood, port scan, sniffing attacks, and social engineering attacks.
- Understanding The Security Triad (Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability)
- May 27, 2011
- This article provides an overview of common means to protect against loss of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- The Explosion of Cybercrime
- May 23, 2011
- This article provides an overview of various types of cyber crime, including cyber extortion, botnets, morphing malware, and online fraud.
- Choosing the Right Security Certifications for You
- Feb 16, 2011
- Ed Tittel compares some of the most popular security certifications.