Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
The exciting new Official VCP5 Certification Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test is a digital-only certification preparation product combining an eBook with enhanced Pearson IT Certification Practice Test.
The Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test contains the following items:
· The VCP510 Premium Edition Practice Test, including three full practice exams and enhanced practice test features
· PDF and EPUB formats of the Official VCP5 Certification Guide from VMware Press, which are accessible via your PC, tablet, and Smartphone
· Complementary VCP5 video training from TrainSignal (3 hours)
About the Premium Edition Practice Test
This Premium Edition contains an enhanced version of the Pearson IT Certification Practice Test (PCPT) software with three full practice exams. In addition, it contains all the chapter-opening assessment questions from the book. This integrated learning package:
· Allows you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams
· Includes direct links from each question to detailed tutorials to help you understand the concepts behind the questions
· Provides unique sets of exam-realistic practice questions
· Tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7;
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client;
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0;
Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent);
512 MB RAM;
650 MB disc space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam
About the Premium Edition eBook
Official VCP5 Certification Guide is the only VMware-authorized self-study books and focuses specifically on the objectives for the VCP510 VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5. VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) Bill Ferguson shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
Official VCP5 Certification Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already” quizzes open each chapter and allow you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
This official study guide helps you master all the topics on the VCP510 exam, including
· Understanding how virtualization can best be integrated into today's real-world IT environments
· Recognizing what to change, and what to leave alone
· Planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading vCenter Server and VMware ESXi Planning and configuring vSphere networking and storage
· Deploying and Administering Virtual Machines and vApps
· Establishing and Maintaining Service Levels
· Performing basic troubleshooting
· Monitoring vSphere implementations
· Managing vCenter Server alarms
· Preparing for the future of VMware virtualization
The Official VCP5 Certification Guide, is part of a recommended learning path from VMware that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized VMware instructors and self-study products from VMware Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered worldwide, please visit www.vmware.com/training.
(Video) Exam Profile: VMWare VCP
Per VMware Education Services, the current blueprint which controls the questions on the VCP510 test is valid until the next major revision of vSphere software. vSphere 5.1 is NOT a major revision and therefore the blueprint will not change because of its release. Since the blueprint will not change, the test will be unaffected by the release of vSphere 5.1. There will be no questions on the VCP510 test that specifically address capabilities in vSphere 5.1 that are not part of or are different from vSphere 5.0. The reader should prepare for the VCP510 test as if vSphere 5.1 does not exist.
Errata (first printing) (85 KB .pdf)