Concentrates on the exam objectives as stated by the vendor and what students need to know to pass the certification exam.
Provides students with additional tools to successfully pass the exam.
Allows students to test their knowledge and highlight areas that they need to concentrate on.
Provides students with a quick reference sheet for a final review.
Gives students realistic practice with an exam designed to closely match the content and approach of the actual certification exam.
Provides students with the benefit of Ed's expertise in preparing certification candidates rapidly and effectively.
Gives students continuous access to a wide variety of valuable resources for mastering and staying up-to-date with the rapidly changing technology.
Insures that students benefit from the highest quality and most accurate content available.
MCSE Windows 2000 Active Directory Services Infrastructure Exam Cram 2 (Exam 70-217) is the perfect study guide to help you pass one of the four core exams in Microsoft's Windows 2000 certification program. This certification exam measures the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot the Windows 2000 Active Directory components, DNS for Active Directory, and Active Directory security solutions. In addition, this test measures the skills required to manage, monitor, and optimize the desktop environment by using Group Policy. This book is not intended to teach new material. Instead it assumes that you have a solid foundation of knowledge but can use a refresher on important concepts as well as a guide to exam topics and objectives. This book focuses exactly on what you need to pass the exam - it features test-taking strategies, time-saving study tips, and a special Cram Sheet that includes tips, acronyms, and memory joggers not available anywhere else. The series is supported online at several Web sites: examcram.com, informit.com, and cramsession.com.
The accompanying CD features PrepLogic™ Practice Tests, Preview Edition. This product includes one complete PrepLogic Practice Test with approximately the same number of questions found on the actual vendor exam. Each question contains full, detailed explanations of the correct and incorrect answers. The engine offers two study modes, Practice Test and Flash Review, full exam customization, and a detailed score report.
1. Microsoft Certification Exams.
2. Introduction to Windows 2000 Active Directory.
3. Implementing and Administering DNS.
4. Windows 2000 Domains: Planning and Installation.
5. User and Group Administration.
6. Active Directory Delegation of Administrative Control.
7. Understanding Group Policy Implementation.
8. Using Group Policy in Security and Environment Control.
9. Using Group Policy in Software Deployment and Management.
10. Publishing Resources within the Active Directory.
11. Implementing Multiple Tree and Forest Structures.
12. Active Directory Replication.
13. Operations Masters.
14. Active Directory Database Maintenance.
15. Remote Installation Services (RIS).
16. Sample Test.
17. Answer Key.
Appendix A. Whats on the CD-ROM.
Appendix B. Using the PrepLogic Practice Tests, Preview Edition Software.