Offers students a single source for concise review of every topic they need to master in order to pass thisexam.
Helps students make the most of their study time and make absolutely sure they understand the concepts that matter most.
The new Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) credential proves that you have the skills to successfully support end users and successfully troubleshoot desktop environments running on Windows XP. MCDST candidates must pass two core exams (70-271 and 70-272). The 70-272 exam, when combined with the 70-271 (the operating system exam for desktop support technicians), validates that a candidate can successfully answer (or escalate) all calls from end users. The MCDST 70-272 Exam Cram 2 gives readers the essential information they need to know to pass the 70-272 exam, which includes configuring and troubleshooting applications (Internet Exporer, Outlook Express), resolving issues related to usability, resolving issues related to application customization, configuring and troubleshooting connectivity for applications, and configuring application security. This book can be used as a sole study guide for those experienced with Windows XP or it is the perfect supplement guide for more comprehensive training materials, instructor-led classes, and/or computer-based training.
1. Configuring, Customizing, and Troubleshooting the Operating System.
2. Configuring, Customizing, and Troubleshooting Internet Explorer.
3. Configuring, Customizing, and Troubleshooting Outlook Express.
4. Configuring, Customizing, and Troubleshooting Office Applications.
5. Configuring, Customizing, and Managing Outlook.
6. Configuring and Troubleshooting Hardware.
7. Configuring and Troubleshooting Network Connectivity.
8. Configuring and Managing Application Security.
9. Identifying and Responding to Security Incidents.
10. Practice Exam #1.
11. Answer Key for Practice Exam #1.
12. Practice Exam #2.
13. Answer Key for Practice Exam #2.
Appendix A: Need to Know More?
Appendix B: CD Contents and Installation Instructions.
The errata for the book is available here in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) format. You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to view these files. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader installed, you may go to Adobe Systems' web site to download this free reader.
Click on the links below to display the PDF file in a new window. Right-click on the link and select Save As if you want to download it to your hard drive.Errata for the book - 32 kb -- 0789731509errata.pdf