- Copyright 2021
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-731155-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-731155-2
Level up your IT infrastructure career with this video-based, online training course. In this expert-led course you'll complete hands-on labs to master concepts in troubleshooting, configuring, and managing current networking technologies across all vendors and solutions. You'll also get exclusive access to Pearson Test Prep practice exams to fully prepare for the CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) exam.
This course provides first-hand experience with core topics on the N10-007 exam, including protocol reference models; network devices, topologies, and services; WAN technologies; network cables and connectors; network design; LAN technologies; network addressing and routing; unified communication; virtualization; network security; and network maintenance. You'll learn skills essential for any IT professional, regardless of your career path.
Who should take this course
Skill level | Beginner
- Anyone planning to take the CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) exam to become a network administrator
- Experienced network administrators looking to prove mastery in security, hardware, and software on a variety of network devices
- Anyone entering the IT field, new to network administration, and/or interested in learning basic networking concepts, configuration, and troubleshooting skills
To become Network+ certified, it is recommended (though not required) that you be CompTIA A+ (Core 1) and (Core 2) certified and/or have at least 9 to 12 months of experience in networking support or IT administration.
For an optimal course experience, we recommend using these browsers and devices.
- 17 hours of targeted lessons from industry leaders on how to implement and administer networking solutions to address today's technology challenges
- Hands-on labs to simulate real-world experience (e.g., Connecting a Workstation to the LAN and Configuring IPv4 Properties, Configuring SSID, Viewing TCP/IP Frame Details Using Network Monitor)
- Self-study tools, such as flashcards to study key terms and quizzes to self-asses your progress
- Exclusive Pearson Test Prep practice exams to fully prepare for the N10-007 exam
- Expert tips on how to prepare for the test, so you can take the CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) exam with confidence
- 1 year of access*
What you'll learn
This Pearson IT Training Course covers the full range of topics tested on the CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) exam, including:
- Fundamental networking concepts, such as protocol reference models, network devices and theory, network topologies, and network services
- WAN technologies, including ISDN, Frame Relay, PPP, MPLS, Metro-Ethernet, and more
- How to work with different network cables and connectors
- Network design considerations
- Switch and wireless LAN configuration
- IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Routing fundamentals, including RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP routing protocols; HSRP and VRRP; route aggregation; and routing metrics
- Unified communications, Voice over IP (VoIP), video, and QoS
- Virtualized devices, storage area network technologies (SAN), and cloud technologies
- Network security attacks, vulnerabilities, policies, defenses, and countermeasures
- Network monitoring tools and analysis, configuration management, and best practices
- Network troubleshooting
Didn't pass your certification exam on your first try? We'll give you six months of additional access at no cost.
About Pearson IT Training Courses
Pearson IT Training Courses are complete and affordable packages of expert-led, self-paced courses designed to help you stand out with in-demand skills that take your career to the next level.
From learning to hands-on practice and application, our comprehensive certification prep courses ensure you are ready for exam success.