Cyber crime will more than triple the number of unfilled cybersecurity jobs, which is predicted to reach 3.5 million by 2021. "Every IT position is also a cybersecurity position now," according to the Cybersecurity Jobs Report, 2017. "Every IT worker, every technology worker, needs to be involved with protecting and defending apps, data, devices, infrastructure, and people."
Pearson's IT Cybersecurity Curriculum (ITCC) series is designed to support the critical need for workforce development in cybersecurity. Pearson ITCC provides multi-modal, real-world focused, hands-on courseware that can be used as a complete cybersecurity program, or individual courses that can be chosen ad hoc to fill in your program to your professional profile. The Pearson ITCC series emphasis is on applied, hands-on learning and validation through certifications set by industry organizations like EC Council, CompTIA, and Cisco. Certifications augment the merit of an academic degree by providing learners with practical, industry-valued, stackable credentials proving a baseline of knowledge acquisition and competency for future employment and workforce development.
Key features of the Pearson ITCC series
- Two parallel options for each course: Teach as a standard course or as a certification course. Follow one track, or pick and choose courses between tracks that fit your student profile or workforce goals for your program. See the table below for details on each track.
- Flexible offerings: Create certificate programs or fill in a degree program.
- Low-priced, multi-modal delivery: Book, online courseware, and virtual labs, plus valuable video subscription. Books are also available through Pearson's Direct Digital Access (DDA) program, making the curriculum even more affordable to students.
- 24x7 Tech Support: Online courseware and virtual labs delivered through our award-winning partner, uCertify (learn more below).
- Mapped to leading certifications and industry standards: Be assured of compliance with industry standards and topic coverage—mapping to NSA/DHS CAE Knowledge Units, and aligned to NIST/NICE framework, and ACM CSEC2017 curricular guidance.
Powerful online courses and labs through our partner uCertify
- Many in-line and end-of-chapter formative exercises to help increase knowledge retention including flashcards, quizzes, exercises, and more.
- Pre- and post-course assessment tests, plus additional complete practice tests included with certification courses.
- ADA-compliant, meeting all accessibility standards.
- LMS integration for single sign-on (SSO) and gradebook integration.
- Robust instructor resources including section creation, course sharing, student enrollment, course customization, summative assessment creation, and student progress tracking and reporting.
- Includes 24x7 customer and onboarding support.
- Certificate of completion badging for each course.
- Pre- and post-course and lab surveys track student expectations and performance.
|Course||Track I—Standard Textbook Focus||Track II—Certification Guide Focus|
|1||IT Fundamentals||Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software||CompTIA A+|
|2||Networking Fundamentals||Networking Essentials||CompTIA Network+|
|3||Cybersecurity Fundamentals||Computer Security Fundamentals||CompTIA Security+|
|4||Linux Fundamentals for Cybersecurity||Linux Essentials for Cybersecurity||CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004|
|5||Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing||Penetration Testing Fundamentals||
|6||Network Defense & Countermeasures||Network Defense & Countermeasures||N/A|
|7||Cybersecurity Operations (Incident Response & Digital Forensics)||A Practical Guide to Computer Forensics Investigations||CompTIA CySA+|
|8||Developing Cybersecurity Programs and Policies||Developing Cybersecurity Programs and Policies||N/A|
* No related certification track for these courses