Home > Articles > Cisco > CCNP Security
Sort by Date | Title
- CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide: Authentication Policies
- May 6, 2015
- In this chapter from CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide, the authors discuss network authentication policies.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-618 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- May 17, 2012
- This section starts to examine the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management. This section covers basic command-line interface (CLI) configuration, but mainly focuses on configuring the ASA through the graphical Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM).
- Exam Profile: Cisco CCNP Security VPN (642-648)
- May 2, 2012
- This article profiles the Cisco CCNP Security VPN 642-648 exam. Find out what you can expect to see on the exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- (Video) Exam Profile: Cisco CCNP Security IPS
- Apr 24, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Network Professional Security IPS exam is one of the four exams that must be passed to obtain the Cisco CCNP Security certification. Find out what you can expect to see on this exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- CCNP Security Firewall Cert Guide: Recording ASA Activity
- Dec 16, 2011
- To help you prepare for the CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 exam, this chapter covers System Time, Managing Event and Session Logging, Configuring Event and Session Logging, Verifying Event and Session Logging, and Troubleshooting Event and Session Logging.
- CCNP Security: Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Nov 22, 2011
- This chapter covers evaluating and choosing approaches to intrusion prevention and detection.
- Cisco CCNP Security Cert Guide: Implementing and Configuring Cisco IOS Routed Data Plane Security
- Jun 27, 2011
- This chapter addresses how to secure the routed data plane, including the Cisco IOS Software features that can be used to secure the network user data that traverses the network, and discusses how to configure these features on the network devices within the network.
- CCNP Security Quick Reference: Deploying Cisco ASA AnyConnect Remote-Access VPN Solutions
- Apr 14, 2011
- In this chapter you learn to deploy and manage Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private networks (VPN) on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) as the VPN gateway with clients using AnyConnect SSL Client software.
- CCNP Security Secure 642-637 Quick Reference: Cisco Layer 2 Security
- Mar 15, 2011
- This chapter describes the main types of Layer 2 attacks and how to defend against them.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- Mar 11, 2011
- This chapter starts to look at the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management.
- Advanced Zone-based Firewall Configuration
- Mar 7, 2011
- Sean Wilkins continues his series on firewalls with this article on advanced zone-based firewall configuration.
- Choosing the Right Security Certifications for You
- Feb 16, 2011
- Ed Tittel compares some of the most popular security certifications.
- Cisco AAA Configuration
- Jan 20, 2011
- Sean Wilkins reviews Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) security functionality and shows some basic configurations which can be used to solve problems on the network.
- An Ideal IT Internetworking Professional
- Nov 15, 2010
- In this article, you’ll take a look at relevant certifications, technical skills and knowledge, higher education, and subject matter expertise of greatest interest to employers hiring IT internetworking professionals.
- The Ideal Security Professional
- Nov 8, 2010
- In this article you’ll take a look at relevant certifications, technical skills and knowledge, higher education, and subject matter expertise of greatest interest to employers of security professionals.