Pearson and VMware Announce the Creation of VMware Press
New Publishing Alliance to Provide Virtualization Learning and Certification Resources from VMware
Indianapolis, IN May 19, 2011 Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, and VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced VMware Press, a newly created technical imprint that will serve as VMware’s official publishing entity. The newly formed press will provide a suite of virtualization technology and certification products in multiple languages and formats.
The newly formed press will focus on three types of content:
- Technical books, ebooks, and videos that concentrate on specific applications of virtualization.
- Decision Maker books, ebooks, and videos that focus on the business aspects of virtualization.
- Official certification materials that support VMware’s complete certification program.
- The majority of the new products will target VMware technology, primarily VMware vSphere®, VMware View™, VMware vCenter™, and VMware vCloud®, which comprise the basic platform for all of VMware’s products and services.
- Expert authorities, IT professionals, and subject matter experts from VMware will author official VMware Press titles.
- Working in conjunction with VMware, Pearson plans to leverage the user group community programs and social channels to further engage the VMware community and offer exclusive promotions and access to the certification and technology products endorsed by VMware.
- Visit http://www.vmware.com/go/vmwarepress for a complete product listing of relevant materials for IT professionals.
"Pearson stands for accessible, engaging learning, and we look forward to working with VMware to create materials that help IT professionals master innovative technologies and prepare for career-building certifications," said David Dusthimer, Associate Publisher for Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification and the new VMware Press. "Through this partnership, we will work hard to make VMware Press synonymous with exceptional VMware learning."
"Many qualified subject matter experts from our engineering and technical communities are already reputable authors," said Andrea Eubanks de Jounge, Senior Director at VMware, "and the time is right for VMware, through our alliance with Pearson, to establish a publishing entity as an official source of books and certification preparatory materials."
Additional Publisher Links
Facebook: VMware Press fan page
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, is home to such respected brands as Addison-Wesley Professional, Cisco Press, Exam Cram, IBM Press, Prentice Hall Professional, Que, and Sams Publishing, which have as their online publishing arm, InformIT-The Trusted Technology Learning Source. In addition, Berkeley-based Peachpit, the publishing partner for Adobe Press, Apple Certified, and others, publishes best-selling books for creative design professionals. Pearson is also co-founder, with O'Reilly Media Inc., of Safari Books Online, the premier on-demand technology content library providing thousands of expert reference materials through a single point of contact, including expert technology, creative and design, industry and management resources in video, audio and written formats. Pearson Education is part of Pearson (NYSE: PSO), the international media company. Pearson's other primary businesses include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group.
VMware delivers virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable IT organizations to energize businesses of all sizes. With the industry leading virtualization platformVMware vSphere®customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, improve agility, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2010 revenues of $2.9 billion, more than 250,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware is the leader in virtualization, which consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
Jamie Adams, Senior Publicist, Pearson
Jamie.email@example.com / @Jamieadams76
Joan Stone, Global PR, VMware
VMware, VMware vCenter, VMware View, VMware vCloud and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
Keywords: VMware, VCP, Pearson IT Certification, Pearson, Certification, IT, Virtualization, vSphere, VCAP, VCDX, storage, technology, virtual, vmwarepress