1. Based on what you have learned in this chapter, from a security perspective, how can you determine if a mobile application is safe to use?
2. In what ways have mobile applications helped criminals and their criminal activities?
3. Under what circumstances is it legal to use wireless packet capture tools, like Wireshark or Debookee?
1. An .apk file is associated with which of the following systems?
2. Which of the following refers to a wireless packet that contains user data and network data related to the sender and receiver of that data?
Android manifest file
Fill in the Blanks
1. An Android __________ file contains the application’s package name, its functionality, permissions, hardware and software requirements for installation.
2. An Android __________ is an application that simulates or runs the Android operating system in a virtual machine.
3. A(n) __________ file is a wireless packet that contains user data and network data related to the sender and receiver of that data.
4. A(n) __________ ID is a uniform-type identifier, which is comprised of alphanumeric characters, that uniquely identifies a specific app.
5. A(n) __________ ID is a two-part string that identifies a development team (Team ID) and an application (bundle ID).
6. A(n) __________-day exploit is a security vulnerability that is a threat on the day that it is discovered because a software patch, to fix the exploit, does not yet exist.
7. A man-in-the-__________ attack is an attempt to intercept electronic communications between two computing devices with the intent to decipher encrypted messages.
8. __________ is an HTTP method used to request data from a specific resource, like a web server.
Write an Essay about a Mobile Application
Select a popular mobile app of your choice, which is not covered in this chapter and then perform a static and dynamic analysis on the app, using the analytics tools discussed in this chapter. Describe the value of the evidence that you find from (a) a digital forensics investigator perspective and (b) an organizational security and privacy viewpoint.