- How Seriously Should You Take Threats to Network Security?
- Identifying Types of Threats
- Assessing the Likelihood of an Attack on Your Network
- Basic Security Terminology
- Concepts and Approaches
- How Do Legal Issues Impact Network Security?
- Online Security Resources
- Test Your Skills
Network security is a complex and constantly evolving field. Practitioners must stay on top of new threats and solutions and be proactive in assessing risk and protecting their networks. The first step to understanding network security is to become acquainted with the actual threats posed to a network. Without a realistic idea of what threats might affect your systems, you will be unable to effectively protect them. It is also critical that you acquire a basic understanding of the terminology used by both security professionals and those who would seek to compromise your security.