My first recommendation is download the exam blueprint, as well as the administration guides for each product, and apply for exam authorization via VMware. Get the ball rolling and enable yourself to take the exam when you are ready. After that is complete take the free online course; its only three hours long and its free. There is no downside to partaking in that offer. Read through as many admin guides as you can to get an understanding of the products and what they do.
Another, often overlooked, resource available is all the online content provided for these exams. Pearson, VMware, and many others provide valuable content to assist you in obtaining certifications. This comes in the form of exam profiles, practice exams, and just overall advice.
Finally, download the free trial offerings provided by VMware and get familiar with the functioning of the product. Hands-on experience is always beneficial. Follow the exam blueprint and become familiar with its objectives in your lab.
Recommended Study Resources
Listed below are the recommended study resources, many have been previously described in detail:
- The Official VCA-Cloud Certification Guide
- The VCA-Cloud Blueprint available from VMware
- VMware Cloud Fundamentals course
- The vSphere 5 Documentation Center
- The vCloud Director Documentation Center
- The vCloud Networking and Security Documentation Center
- The vCenter Operations Management Suite Documentation Center
- The vCenter Chargeback Manager Documentation Center
- The vFabric Hyperic Documentation Center
- The vCenter Site Recovery Manager Documentation Center