Exam Profile: CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0 Written Exam (350-001)
The 350-001 exam is the qualification exam for the Routing and Switching CCIE Lab track. Once you have passed the 350-001, you can schedule your CCIE R&S Lab exam in order to become a fully qualified CCIE.
The 350-001 exam is currently at version 4.0. The exam covers layer 2 switching, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS layer 3 VPNs, IP Multicast, Network Security, Network services, QoS, Troubleshooting, Network monitoring, and evaluating proposed changes to the network. Considering this is an expert level exam, the level of detail can be extreme, and the scope of the questions very wide.
- Types of Questions: A mix of traditional multiple choice (requiring single or multiple answers). You may find drag-and-drop type questions as well scenario based questions where a scenario or topology is presented and you need to answer a series of questions based on it.
- Number of Questions: 90 to 110
- Passing Score: Pass/Fail. The passing score is set by statistical analysis and is subject to periodic change. The overall exam score will be reported on a scale from 300-1000.
- Time Limit: 120 Minutes
- Cost: $350.00 (Costs may vary due to exchange rates and local taxes (VAT, GST))
- How to Register: http://www.vue.com/cisco/
Candidates must wait five days on failed exams to retake it. Passing candidates must wait at least 180 days to retake the exam.