PRODUCT SUPPORT ANNOUNCEMENT
Some videos and Web Editions may be returning errors on launch. Learn more.
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
The exciting new Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test is a digital-only certification preparation product combining an eBook, 4 complete sample exams, PLUS 4 more bonus exams–a total of 8 practice exams in all (4 for RHCSA and 4 for RHCE)!
The Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test contains the following items:
About the Premium Edition eBook
Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test focuses specifically on the objectives for the newest Red Hat RHCSA (EX200) and RHCE (EX300) exams reflecting Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. Expert Red Hat trainer and consultant Sander van Vugt shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness to improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7, Premium Edition Cert Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already” quizzes open each chapter and allow you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Each chapter then ends with Review Questions and End-of-Chapter Labs that mimic the questions you might find on the exam are also provided, so you can test your skills on the knowledge learned. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will allow you to succeed on the exam the first time.
This study guide helps you master all the topics covered in the new RHCSA (EX200) and RHCE (EX300) exams, including
Part 1: RHCSA
Part 2: RHCE
Part I. Mastering System Administration Topics. RHCSA
Section 1. Performing basic system management tasks
1. Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
2. Using Essential Tools
3. Mastering Essential File and Folder Management Tools
4. Working with Text Files
5. Connecting to a RHEL Server
6. Managing Users and Groups
7. Managing Permissions
8. Configuring Networking
Section 2. Operating Running Systems
9. Managing Processes
10. Working with Virtual Machines
11. Installing Software Packages
12. Scheduling Tasks
13. Configuring Logging
14. Managing Partitions
15. Managing LVM Logical Volumes
Section 3. Performing Advanced System Administration Tasks
16. Performing Basic Kernel Management Tasks
17. Using Kickstart for Automated Installations
18. Managing and Understanding the Boot Procedure
19. Essential Boot Procedure Troubleshooting
Section 4. Deploying Network Services
20. Managing HTTP Services
21. Performing Basic SELinux Management Tasks
22. Setting up a Firewall with GUI Tools
23. Configuring FTP Services
24. Configuring Time Services
Part II. Deepening RHEL skills. RHCE
Section 5. System Configuration and Management
25. Connecting a Server to an iSCSI SAN
26. System Performance Reporting
27. Optimizing a Server
28. Managing Log Servers in a Network Environment
29. Configuring Routing Settings
Section 6. System Security
30. Configuring Authentication
31. Managing Linux-based Firewalls from the Command Line
32. Tuning SELinux to Work With Most Services
Section 7. Configuration of Network Services
33. Managing Web Services