Management Console Requirements
The Management Console for MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 is the centralized administration tool that allows you to configure all aspects of the farm and administer users, among other tasks. The console is installed by default on every MPS 3.0 server in your farm, but in many cases, you will want to install it on your workstation so you do not have to log in to a server every time you want to run any administrative tasks. The Management Console can be installed from the MPS 3.0 CD on any workstation that meets the following hardware and software requirements:
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.
- Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4.1 or better. The Management Console is a Java-based application and thus requires the JRE to run.
- 50MB of disk space is required to install the Management Console and the Sun JRE 1.4.1.
- A Pentium class processor is recommended to run the console properly.
- The console requires at least 64MB of RAM for itself to run properly.