- Defining Seed and Default Metrics
- Redistributing Connected Networks
- Redistributing Static Routes
- Redistributing Subnets into OSPF
- Assigning E1 or E2 Routes in OSPF
- Redistributing OSPF Internal and External Routes
- Configuration Example: Route Redistribution for IPv4
- Configuration Example: Route Redistribution for IPv6
- Verifying Route Redistribution
- Route Filtering Using the distribute-list Command
- Route Filtering Using Prefix Lists
- Using Route Maps with Route Redistribution
- Manipulating Redistribution Using Route Tagging
- Changing Administrative Distance for Internal and External Routes
- Passive Interfaces
Assigning E1 or E2 Routes in OSPF
Router(config)#router ospf 1
Starts the OSPF routing process.
Router(config-router)#redistribute eigrp 1 metric-type 1
Redistributes routes learned from EIGRP autonomous system 1. Routes will be advertised as E1 routes.
NOTE: If the metric-type argument is not used, routes will be advertised by default in OSPF as E2 routes. E2 routes have a default fixed cost of 20 associated with them, but this value can be changed with the metric keyword. The metric will not change as the route is propagated throughout the OSPF area. E1 routes will have internal area costs added to the seed metric.