Cisco Networking Academy Connecting Networks Companion Guide: Point-to-Point Connections
Upon completion of this chapter
- What are the fundamentals of point-to-point serial communications across a WAN?
- How do you configure HDLC encapsulation on a point-to-point serial link?
- What are the benefits of using PPP over HDLC in a WAN?
- What is the PPP layered architecture and the functions of LCP and NCP?
- How is a PPP session established?
- How do you configure PPP encapsulation on a point-to-point serial link?
- How do you configure PPP authentication protocols?
- How are the show and debug commands used to troubleshoot PPP?