Check Your Understanding Questions
Complete all the review questions listed here to test your understanding of the topics and concepts in this chapter. The appendix “Answers to ‘Check Your Understanding’ Questions” lists the answers.
What are the expected features of modern enterprise networks? (Choose two.)
- Support for 90 percent reliability
- Support for limited growth
- Support for converged network traffic
- Support for distributed administrative control
- Support for critical applications
Which of the following methods help to prevent the disruption of network services? (Choose two.)
- Changing the routing protocols at regular intervals
- Using redundant connections to provide alternate physical paths
- Installing duplicate equipment to provide failover services
- Removing switches that cause loops
- Using VLANs to segment network traffic
Which feature could be used in a network design to increase the bandwidth by combining multiple physical links into a single logical link?
- Trunk ports
Which network design solution will best extend access layer connectivity to host devices?
- Implementing EtherChannel
- Implementing redundancy
- Implementing routing protocols
- Implementing wireless connectivity
How much traffic is a 48-port gigabit switch capable of generating when operating at full wire speed?
- 44 Gb/s, because of overhead requirements
- 48 Gb/s, by providing full bandwidth to each port
- 24 Gb/s, because this is the maximum forwarding rate on Cisco switches
- 1 Gb/s, because data can only be forwarded from one port at a time
Which type of router would an enterprise use to allow customers to access content anytime and anyplace, regardless of whether they are at home or work?
- Service provider routers
- Network edge routers
- Branch routers
- Modular routers
What is a characteristic of out-of-band device management?
- It requires a terminal emulation client.
- It requires Telnet, SSH, or HTTP to access a Cisco device.
- It requires at least one network interface on the device to be connected and operational.
- Out-of-band device management requires a direct connection to a network interface.
- The number of ports available on a single switch is referred to as __________.
- Among the beneficial functions of a router are enhanced network security and containment of __________ traffic.
Indicate the design model layer described by the following network functions:
The __________ layer provides connectivity for the users.
The __________ layer forwards traffic from one local network to another.
The __________ layer provides a high-speed backbone link between dispersed networks.