The exam objectives are broken up into four different categories. The 74-322 exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. The objectives for Exam 74-322 as stated by Microsoft are as follows:
Design, Deploy and Maintain Lync Server Infrastructure
- Identify infrastructure dependencies for a Lync Server 2010 environment.
- Given a set of customer requirements, determine an appropriate topology, server placement and scaling.
- Explain the role of Edge services in media path establishment.
- Given a scenario, determine which user policy is appropriate.
- Compare and contrast the use of different policy scopes.
- Given a set of role memberships, predict management capabilities.
- Given a set of customer requirements, determine an appropriate backup and recovery strategy.
Design and Deploy Conferencing and Video
- Given a customer requirement, determine an appropriate conferencing topology.
- Given customer requirements, determine video bandwidth demands.
- Given a scenario including third party systems, compare and contrast available video conferencing features and integration approaches.
- Given a scenario, identify the default codecs used.
- Given a usage profile, determine capacity requirements.
- Compare and contrast specific numbering strategies.
- Given a scenario, determine how location is obtained.
- Given a set of requirements, determine emergency services call routing configuration.
- Given customer requirements, determine an appropriate voice application configuration.
- Given a set of requirements, determine an appropriate device provisioning and configuration.
- Given customer requirements, determine an appropriate UM capacity and configuration.
- Given customer requirements, determine an appropriate dial plan for UM and Lync.
- Given a dialing behavior scenario, determine an appropriate dial plan.
- Explain the relationships between the components of Voice Routing.
- Determine an appropriate call routing strategy.
- Identify Quality of Service (QoS) configuration on clients and Lync servers.
- Given a voice call flow, determine the bandwidth requirements.
- Given a network scenario, determine CAC configuration.
- Identify the effect of migration and voice components.
- Given a customer voice environment and requirements, determine an appropriate migration path.
Where to Go from Here
After you pass the Microsoft Lync Server 2010-Advanced Design and Deployment exam, you may want to take the following exams:
- Exam 70-664: TS: Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Configuring
- Exam 70-665: PRO: Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Administrator