The exam objectives are broken up into five different categories. The 70-632 exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.
The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
The objectives for Exam 70-632 as stated by Microsoft are as follows:
Configuring Tools and Options (12 percent)
- Set up Schedule options.
- Set up Calculation options.
- Set up Interface options.
- Set up View options.
- Set up General options.
- Set up Calendar options.
- Set up Security options.
Setting Up a Project (10 percent)
- Create and modify a template.
- Select a template.
- Enter project information.
- Manage calendars.
- Import and export data.
Estimating, Scheduling, and Budgeting Tasks (30 percent)
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Create and modify tasks.
- Estimate and budget tasks.
- Sequence tasks.
- Identify and analyze critical tasks and critical path.
- Manage multiple projects.
Resourcing Project Plans (24 percent)
- Forecast time-phased generic skill or role requirements.
- Create, modify, and use resource pools.
- Add, change, substitute, or remove resource assignments.
- Predict durations and work calculations.
- Optimize resource utilization.
Updating and Reporting on Project Performance (24 percent)
- Save and modify baselines.
- Enter task updates.
- Reschedule incomplete work.
- Track project progress.
- Analyze variance.
- Create, modify, and delete objects.
- Create reports.