Microsoft always posts a set of objectives for their certification exams. These objectives are normally divided into sections and weighted so that you can see what percentage of you overall score is based on each section. In the case of the 70-682 exam, however, Microsoft has not provided any weight information on the various topics. In fact, the exam objectives themselves are rather vague and are not nearly as granular as one might ordinarily expect from a Microsoft certification exam. The objectives for this exam, as stated by Microsoft include:
Identifying Cause of and Resolving Desktop Application Issues
- Solve software installation escalations.
- Solve software configuration escalations.
Identifying Cause of and Resolving Networking Issues
- Solve enterprise logon issues.
- Solve enterprise network connectivity issues.
Managing and Maintaining Systems That Run Windows 7 Client
- Identify and/or resolve performance issues.
Supporting Mobile Users
- Solve enterprise wireless connectivity issues.
- Solve enterprise remote access issues.
Deploying Windows 7
- Deploy a system image.
- Configure a VHD.
Configuring Hardware and Applications
- Configure application compatibility.
- Configure application restrictions.
Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configure IPv6 network settings.
- Configure remote management.
Configuring Access to Resources
- Configure user account control (UAC).
- Configure BranchCache.
Configuring Mobile Computing
- Configure BitLocker and BitLocker To Go.
- Configure DirectAccess.