Recommended Study Resources
There are only two current published resources available to use if you will be self-studying for the CEH exam:
- CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Study Guide by Kimberly Graves, ISBN 978-0470525203 (April 2010)
- Official Certified Ethical Hacker Review Guide by Stephen DeFino, ISBN 978-1435488533 (November 2009)
- Cheat Sheet Exercises (complements the guide by Stephen DeFino)
There are several other, older, CEH study guides available, though you may not want to depend on them for your review, as they are for the previous (v5) version of the CEH exam.
The EC Council has also published a five book series that will provide a deeper level of coverage on the topics covered in the CEH exam, but it is not necessarily required to purchase or read these strictly for exam preparation:
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Web Applications and Data Servers, ISBN 978-1435483620 (September 2009)
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Threats and Defense Mechanisms, ISBN 978-1435483613 (September 2009)
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Attack Phases, ISBN 978-1435483606 (September 2009)
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Secure Network Infrastructures, ISBN 978-1435483651 (September 2009)
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Linux, Macintosh and Mobile Systems, ISBN 978-1435483644 (September 2009)
If you decide to self-study, the courseware is available to purchase separately from the EC Council’s online store.
ExamForce provides a full practice exam solution for the CEH. The guides listed above from Graves and DeFino include practice exams as well, with the Graves book also having a CD with additional practice exams.
You should also download and look over the CEH program guide, which is found here.