Exam Profile: MCITP 70-450: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Microsoft SQL Server continues to grow its market share as the foundation of Microsoft’s push to integrate Business Intelligence (BI) within enterprise environments. Passing the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining exam will validate your ability to implement and support this growing market segment. Upon successful completion of this exam and Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance (70-432) candidates receive Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Database Administrator 2008, Implementation and Maintenance. Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist for SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance is the only prerequisite for this exam. This two exam track is one of the shortest to Microsoft’s new Certified IT Professional status. The alternative SQL MCITP tracks are Database Developer 2008 and Business Intelligence Developer 2008. There are no overlapping exams between these three tracks.
Figure 1 Microsoft SQL Server certification track
The target audience for the 70-450 exam is IT professionals with at least three years of database administration experience in an enterprise environment. Candidates should be comfortable designing, deploying, optimizing, maintaining, and supporting databases and database servers.
- Number of questions: Microsoft does not officially release the amount of questions on the exam, but previous candidates who have taken the exam typically report answering between 40 and 50 questions.
- Type of questions: This test consists of multiple choice questions and multiple answer questions. You probably will not encounter simulation questions or drag and drop. (Microsoft does not release this information and the length or format of the exam is subject to change without notice.)
- Passing Score: 700 out of 1000
- Time Limit: approximately 2 hours
- How to Register: Prometric.com