Implementing Device Mobility in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
It is common in multisite environments for some users to roam between sites on a regular basis. When such users take their Cisco Unified Communications endpoints with them, such as Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phones or Cisco IP Communicator (softphone) phones, the standard configuration of their endpoints needs to be adapted to suit the needs of the current physical location. It is important for a professional unified communications solution to provide such a solution.
This chapter describes Device Mobility. This new feature of CUCM allows CUCM endpoints to be dynamically reconfigured based on their actual location as determined by the IP address that is used by the device.
Upon completing this chapter, you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- List the issues with devices roaming between sites
- Describe the Device Mobility feature
- Describe the Device Mobility configuration elements and their interaction
- Describe Device Mobility operation
- Implement Device Mobility