- 16. On-the-Job Promotion
- On the Job
- Maintaining and Building Your Network
- Identifying Areas for Success
- Working for a Tyrant and Other Joys
- Determine Whether Your Boss’s Actions Are Personality or Personal
- Understand That People Are “Where They Are”
- Take an Objective Path to Evaluating What They Say
- Handling Criticism
- Actions & Ideas
This chapter is from the book
Actions & Ideas
- Identify additional projects that your department would benefit from. See if a quick-hit project can be done in a short period of time. Offer to take that project on.
- Create professional relationships with those who are advancing at your company and those who show ambition and drive. Inevitably, these people become external contacts when either you or they move to a new company.