- Copyright 2015
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58713-421-7
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-421-0
Pearson and uCertify—Bringing you Pearson’s certified and academic peer reviewed content in an accessible, flexible, and scalable platform!
The CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Pearson uCertify Course is an Academic package designed for instructor-led classroom environments.
uCertify Course Instructor Feature Highlights
· Super roster for course and student management
· Master course and instantaneous cloning for multiple sections
· Powerful analytics to track student engagement and progress
· Customizable assignment dates and skill mastery levels
· Pre and post assessments for benchmarking
· Maps to certification exam domains
· Grade book export feature
uCertify Course Student Feature Highlights
· Device ready! Online on your computer, tablet, or your mobile device (Android, iOS)
· Course dashboard provides ease of use
· Interactive e-Learning elements throughout course
· Exercises, flash cards and quizzes
· Track progress via a personal study planner
· Video tutorials
· Simulator exercise guide for hands-on practice
uCertify Course Minimum Requirements
· Internet access required
· Works on the following major browsers on versions no more than 2 years old:
· Google Chrome
· Internet Explorer
· Mozilla Firefox
About the Textbook
The new edition of bestselling CCNA 200-120 Cert Guide Library, Academic Edition by Wendell Odom textbook and study package for a beginner to intermediate-level networking course. The two books in this package: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide, Academic Edition and CCNA ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide, Academic Edition have been completely revised to align to Cisco's new CCNA 200-120 exam. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing student's retention and recall of exam topics. The books are printed in four color, allowing students to benefit from carefully crafted figures that utilize color to convey concepts. Students will organize their study through the use of the consistent features in the chapters, including:
- Foundation Topics — These sections make up the majority of the page count, explaining concepts, configurations, with emphasis on the theory and concepts, and with linking the theory to the meaning of the configuration commands.
- Key Topics — Inside the Foundation Topics sections, every figure, table, or list that should absolutely be understood and remembered for the exam is noted with the words “Key Topic” in the margin. This tool allows the reader to quickly review the most important details in each chapter.
- Chapter-ending Summaries — These bulleted lists provide a quick and concise review of the key topics covered in each chapter.
- Chapter-ending Review Questions — Each chapter provides a set of multiple choice questions that help student’s test their knowledge of the chapter concepts, including answers and full explanations.
- Chapter-ending Exercises — Each chapter concludes with a series of exercises designed to help students increase their retention of the chapter content including key term reviews, key topic tables, command review exercises, and memory table exercises.
- Part Reviews — This new edition includes a new part review feature that helps students consolidate their knowledge of concepts presented across multiple chapters. A new mind mapping exercise helps students build strong mental maps of concepts. A new exam bank of part review questions helps students test themselves with scenario-based questions that span multiple topics.
In addition to these powerful chapter learning, review, and practice features, this book also contains several other features that make it a truly effective and comprehensive study package, including:
- Getting Started chapters at the beginning of each book. These are great overviews of the books and offer terrific advice for how to build an effective study plan.
- The DVD contains over 150 minutes of video mentoring from the author on challenging topics such as CLI navigation, router configuration, switch basics, VLANs, subnetting, OSPF, EIGRP, EIGRP Metrics, PPP, and CHAP.
- The books come complete with the CCENT ICND1 and CCNA ICND2 Network Simulator Lite software, providing students with the opportunity to practice their hands-on command line interface skills with Cisco routers and switches. The 26 labs included for free with this product cover a range of IP addressing and EIGRP configuration and troubleshooting exercises.
- The Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software that comes with the books includes 4 full ICND1 exams, 4 full ICND2 exams and 8 full CCNA exams, providing tons of opportunities to assess and practice. Including the book review questions and part review questions, the exam banks includes more than 900 unique practice questions.
- This book also comes with free versions of the Premium Edition eBooks, allowing students to access the digital copies in PDF, EPUB, or Kindle format on their computer or mobile device.
- Final Preparation Chapters help students review for final exams and prepare to take the official Cisco CCNA exams, if they want to achieve that certification.
- Study Plan Templates are included on the DVD to help students organize their study time.
CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 web-based hands-on labs
CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, Academic Edition Pearson uCertify Labs is an online, hands-on skills enhancement tool that helps students gain the real-world configuration and troubleshooting skills they need to succeed on the Cisco CCNA exam and to land a job as a network engineer. The 400+
labs in this product cover the full range of Cisco CCNA R&S 200-120 exam topics.
These best-selling labs help bridge the gap between conceptual knowledge and real-world application by providing competency-based, interactive, online, 24x7 training. The labs simulate real-world networking hardware that you configure and troubleshoot using the Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI). Working through the labs, you will quickly become proficient with all the common Cisco IOS version 15 router and switch commands on the CCNA Routing and Switching exam. The open command environment allows you to explore configurations beyond the lab steps.
With this product as their guide, students will experience realistic network device performance as they perform a wide range hands-on configuration and troubleshooting exercises on the following topics:
• Router and switch navigation and administration
• Ethernet LAN switches
• VLANs and trunking
• Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
• IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting
• Subnet design
• Route summarization
• IPv4 Access Control Lists (ACL)
• Network Address Translation (NAT)
• DHCP, HSRP, GLBP
• Router on a stick (ROAS)