Cisco Press Releases PM Crash Course™ with World Renowned Project Management Trainer Rita Mulcahy
Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2009Cisco Press, the official publisher of Cisco certification and networking technology materials, announced today the release of PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals, the first book of its kind bringing together the largest IT Publisher with the best-selling Project Management author Rita Mulcahy. The new resource targets IT professionals and helps them get projects back on track using proven, real-world project management tools and techniques. Readers learn how to make an immediate impact on IT projects.
- IT professionals are often faced with extremely challenging project deployments, as well as initiatives that are mission-critical to their organizations. However, most books and training materials on project management pay little or no attention to the unique challenges IT project managers face.
- This practical Course in a Book® covers the basics of project management, including planning, scheduling, budgeting, and more. The authors provide checklists, templates, and exercises to reinforce learning of these concepts, and include dozens of tricks, insights, and contributions from project managers sharing what has made a difference for them when managing real-world projects.
- Real-World Issues Covered:
• Understanding why IT projects failand how to prevent failure
• Defining effective IT project charters and requirements
• Organizing IT roadmaps into manageable projects
• Capturing, creating, and using historical data
• Establishing "soft"and "hard" project metrics and milestones
• Identifying and managing stakeholders and expectations
• Choosing the right PM toolsincluding in-house, hosted, and cloud-based solutions
- Cisco Press products can be purchased at your favorite local bookstore, computer/electronic store, online bookseller, www.ciscopress.com or www.pearsonitcertification.com.
PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals
Real-world project management tools and techniques you can start using today
$59.99 US print book
Quote from Paul Boger, Vice President/Publisher Pearson/Cisco Press
"Pearson has a long history of partnering with top experts, leaders, and creators of technology. When developing a project management resource that would specifically help IT Professionals, Rita Mulcahy was the only logical choice. We are thrilled to have Rita as a valued member of the Pearson and Cisco Press family, and to be able to deliver such rich content to the IT community."
Quote from David Dusthimer, Associate Publisher Cisco Press
"Cisco Press is excited to bring the world-renowned Project Management expertise of Rita Mulcahy to the community of IT professionals. Networkers have always applied project management as an integral workplace process, and guidance from the preeminent expert, tailored to their industry, will be an invaluable tool for further success."
Quotes from Rita Mulcahy, Founder and CEO RMC Project Management
"My focus has always been on developing resources that project managers can use to make an immediate impact on their current projects. Our partnership with Cisco Press has finally allowed me to bring this real-world project management focus directly to IT professionals."
"To be affiliated with a world-class publishing company like Cisco Press is truly an honor, and certainly one of the highlights of my 20 years in the project management industry. Throughout the book development process, it was obvious Cisco Press and RMC share the same philosophythat the key to remaining the leader in your industry is to work harder and innovate more than everyone else."
About the Author
Rita Mulcahy, PMP, founder and CEO of RMC Project Management, is the most popular project management author in the world. Since 1991, hundreds of thousands of project managers have utilized her 30+ best-selling books and resources to expand their project management knowledge and further their careers.
About Cisco Press
Cisco Press, a partnership between Cisco Systems® (NASDAQ:CSCO) Pearson (NYSE:PSO), is the official publisher of Cisco® networking technology and Cisco certification self-study materials for networking students and professionals. With products designed to help users prepare for Cisco certifications and master the implementation and support of a diverse range of networking technologies, Cisco Press provides a variety of products to suit individual learning styles. Cisco Press resources are the only print companions reviewed and approved by Cisco Systems for use in the Cisco Networking Academy Program. Cisco Press products can be purchased at your favorite local bookstore, computer/electronic store, online bookseller, or at www.ciscopress.com. Pearson is also co-founder, with O'Reilly Media Inc., of Safari Books Online, the premier on-demand content library providing thousands of expert reference materials through a single point of contact, including expert technology, creative and design, industry and management resources in video, audio and written formats.
Educating 100 million people worldwide, Pearson is the global leader in educational and professional publishing, providing scientifically research-based print and digital programs to help people of all ages learn at their own pace, in their own way. Professionals, leaders, academics, experts, and consultants draft the books and online resources that help develop today's and tomorrow's business leaders. Top technology companies that have chosen Pearson Education as their publishing partner include IBM, Symantec, Cisco, and Adobe. The company is home to such renowned publishing and information portal brands as Informit.com, Prentice Hall Professional , IBM Press, Addison-Wesley Professional, Peachpit Press, Cisco Press, Sams Publishing, and Que Publishing. Pearson Education is part of Pearson (NYSE: PSO), the international media company. In addition to Pearson Education, Pearson's primary operations include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group.
Jamie Adams, Senior Publicist
Technorati Keywords: project management, information technology, technical books, Cisco, publishing, networking